Ceilidh

I belong to the Cam Sailing Club, and am on the Social Committee where we plan all the parties. I have to be honest when they were suggested having a Ceilidh and described it as a barn dance, I wasn't quite sure that it would be something that I would want to be at. Not to mention, I couldn't picture English people dressed up in cowboy outfits.

A Ceilidh (pronounced Kaylee) means 'party' in Celtic. It is more like the scene in Titanic when Jack and Rose go to the party and dance. They do call moves as seen in square dancing but the music has a very Celtic sound.

I really loved it. I had to rope my friend in to be my partner. If you are given a chance to do this, I say go for it!

I am told these are different than tea dances which are generally for older people.

You can see a video on our FB page.

No comments:

Post a Comment