Thankful for Corner Shops

I did a survey in one of the Facebook groups I belong to see if Americans were using the corner shops (Co-Op, Tesco and other express grocery stores), because I love mine. I do a big grocery shop about once every other week, at least that is what I aim to do. I have my meals planned out in 3 month cycles (see my post on another blog to see what I mean). I think meal planning saves me time and money and also we don't get stuck with the same thing over and over again.

Anyways, sometimes I do find I might need some staple food or to get milk for Jon as I don't drink it and I just find having a shop literally a 2 minute walk quite convenient. I was trying to think back to when I lived in the States if there was anything like this where I lived. I grew up in the mountains of Colorado so it really wasn't feasible and even when I was stationed at Minot AFB, there wasn't any where I could walk to so I could get eggs if I ran out.

Sometimes, I stop at my Co-Op on the way home but if you have been reading my blog long enough, you know that I cycle to am from work. The survey I was talking about showed me that many Americans do not use their corned shop to get those little things but I would like to suggest that perhaps you can think about going there instead of piling the children in the car and driving to either base or the Super Tescos. It gives me a little extra exercise, saves me petrol and time.