Thankful for Cycling

This is post is inspired by my German friend, Lilli, who I worked with at Sweaty Betty. She once said to me that cycling made her feel free. At the time I couldn't really relate as I was just getting into the habit of cycling to work everyday and being a new cyclist, but now I have to agree. Two years later, I cycle with as much confidence as Lilli does and now I feel free when I am cycling.

I am very fortunate that I live in the outskirts of Cambridge and anyone who has driven in Cambridge, knows it is sometimes a nightmare. I was thinking the other day, how quick it really is. I can always leave the house last minute and never have to take in account the traffic because there are so many different ways to get to one place.

I also like it because its so accessible to all. When school is in term, you will see Cambridge filled with students heading to their lectures, businessmen in their suits on the way to work, and moms with their children in tow. I like how all classes ride cycles around town and all ages too.