Thankful for a slower pace

Sorry I haven't really been keeping to my thankful posts. I have been really busy lately, you know the kind that you don't know if you are coming or going? I have started a new job and taken on two classes  as I am working on my bachelors in history.

My 'Office'
Today was a lovely day wasn't it? I had the doors to the patio open all day. I cleaned the house and took the dog for a long walk, I think he must have found every puddle there was. I was thinking about this blog and what I could write. I also talked the hubby into allowing me to switch the futon which is in the conservatory and the dining room table so that I could be near the sunshine and not in the cold part of the house. Thats where I am writing you from. Its nice to be near to everyone but still able to focus.

First thing this morning I went to church. Its only a five minute walk from home and I think its a great way to recharge your battery. For those of you who are christians, we are now in Lent. I haven't really focused on giving up something but as always am in pursuit of being the best person I can be.

The priest was talking about slowing down. Now I am not sure if you have noticed but the English have a different pace of life than we are accustomed to in the US. Its easy to get frustrated because in the military it was always 'hurry up and wait' whereas here it just seems like 'wait'.

I was thinking about this. I have to admit that I am slowly moving in that direction too. I used to joke that the English always made time for tea but sometimes we all need a break. Are you one of those people who sit at their desk working from morning until you go home? I am and then I feel so much angst and tired. Studies say we do need to take breaks so if tea has to be the excuse, so be it.

I do know that people think I am crazy taking on all this work, it is rare for the English to work full time and study full time, I can see it in their faces when I tell them that is what I am doing. But I have to remember to take breaks like taking the dog for a long walk and fill my lungs with some fresh air.

Make sure that you slow down too, sometimes you miss the details and everything is a blur. Now is the time to do it.

How did you spend this beautiful day?