Thankful for the free things in life

I am a bit cheeky. I am currently writing this post from a pub in Tokyo. Jon and I are out here for a wedding of a friend he went to school with and his Japanese girlfriend. Today we went to the Ueno Park to see the Cherry Blossoms. At first I thought we would miss them as I heard that they had come early this year and they were one of the things I was looking see the most (besides the geishas of course!- that's tomorrow!). It was great, people picnicking in the park and having a wander around.

It got me thinking. In case you didn't know, Tokyo is one of the most expensive cities in the world. Walking around the park taking in the last bit of life that the Cherry Blossoms had in them, showed me that even here, people appreciate their parks. I am always saying (hopefully not too much on this blog) that there are are a lot of free things to enjoy out there in the world. Jane may be an influence as she will not pay for anything that she doesn't have to! I firmly believe that your children, friends and family will cherish the time you have spent with them more than the money you do. I know that this has been the coldest Easter on record but soon it will warm up and then there will be a lot to do.

Time is finite and goes so quickly. The great thing is the best parks in the UK are around the attractions. Where in the US, can you climb amongst the structures where the Manga Carta was decided it would be signed (Bury St Edmunds), have the magnificent Ely cathedral in the backdrop of the playgrounds and then have St Johns' College in the distance from Jesus Green. So think outside the box and get out of the house! Winter is almost over!

Any free things I should know about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment