Thankful to alternative methods

For those of you that do not know, I have been sick for the past three weeks which may have been a mixture of an allergic reaction to soya from my trip to Japan and a cold. I never stay home from work but I went home early two days and two days I couldn't even get myself out the door. It is still lingering but going to all those saunas at Centre Parcs helped my chest out and being around all these beauticians came with a lot of advice.

One of them suggested ear candles for clearing my ears and sinuses. You can get these at Sally Beauty and alternative medicine and natural health stores.

You put them in your ear (you need to have someone else help you so you don't burn yourself) and burn them down to the line and the flame causes a suction which clears out your ears (a bit disgusting) but I felt better after it.

I also was introduced to Night Nurse. This was my savior! You take it at night if you don't have a productive cough. It knocks you out and suppresses the reflexes that keeps you up. This gave me my first full night of sleep after a week and a half with out.

I thought I might share these things since I found them useful!