Thankful for things being so accessible

Well this weekend has been fantastic besides the torrential rain we experienced on Saturday. Friday after work, Jon, Dusty and I headed down to Stourbridge Common and set up a picnic along the River Cam to watch the Cambridge May Bumps. You can check out my video on my Facebook PAge to see what that is all about. The weather was windy but great for an event like that. I was worried I would have to stand out in the rain to make the video but I got lucky!

Saturday was a wash not only because of the rain but because of the homework I had to submit.

Today was another day. It started out hot but muggy and since Jon did not have any commitments, I cleaned the house and we set out to walk to Grandchester Meadows. We took paths through a nature reserve where we let Dusty loose and then again once we got to the meadows. Then we had lunch at the Green Man in Trumpington in the beer garden so we could tie Dusty up. The burgers were great btw. Then we walked all the way back. In all it was 8.5 miles which may not seem like a lot but with Jon's injury, I know he was in pain, but also enjoyed himself. 

It just surprises me that the British can have a reserve right in the middle of a busy town like Cambridge. I think that it is important that we get out and about especially when the sun is out. I have moved a bench to the last corner of the garden that gets sun for the day. It ended up sunny when we returned and so the cat and dog are joining me in the open air.

What parks, reserves or paths are near you? Perhaps plan to take an excursion for the day when it is sunny and just be out there!

Also I have called my dad to wish him a "Happy Father's Day!", make sure you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment