Run to the Beat Half Marathon

I have to admit, I have become a bit of fitness freak since leaving the US Air Force. I cycle to work and I run 4-6 times a week. I also love to do long distance walks and try anything that seems like a challenge.

In 2010 I wanted to run my first half marathon and so I signed up for the Run to the Beat Half Marathon. At the time I was working at Sweaty Betty at the time. As I was helping a customer who was also running the Run to the Beat Half Marathon, who only lived around the corner from me. The great thing is have we become really good friends and she began to run with me and Dusty in the mornings.

The Run to the Beat is a half marathon that takes place in London. near the O2. The race has bands  and DJs playing along the route and you run through Greenwich Park. It was really good, but there were two hills that I didn’t anticipate and I should have used the restrooms when I saw them, because I had to slow down until I finally saw another one. The scenery was good. It was great to run through Greenwich Park because it was where the Sweaty Betty Autumn/Winter 2011 catalogue pictures were taken and I thought it is amazing and that I must go back for a visit at a slower pace.

There were people on the side cheering you on and it just made you keep going. I completed the race in 1:50:44 so I am pleased as I have been told that if you do your first half marathon in less than two hours, it’s a good time.

I hope that you guys will take part in the activities and I hope that you make life long friends like I have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment